HSE: Can you be more active?
Your body is built for varied movements, see how much you can do in 30 minutes.
The Norwegian Directorate of Health recommends at least 30 minutes of daily physical activity, which equals a total of 3.5 hours per week. Even though several of us have a deskbound job; it does not take much to prevent diseases and ailments of musculoskeletal disorders related to inactivity.
Here are some easy tips to increase your mobility at work:
- Do something that needs to be done. This may be to clean your desk, make a phone call standing, walk over to your colleague as an alternative to sending an e-mail or stand while reading your e-mails
- Take small breaks throughout the day where you go outside to get some fresh air, stretch, drink water or just move!
- Make a habit of using the garbage bin which is located furthest away from your desk
- Use breaks and lunch breaks to challenge your colleagues to do some simple physical exercises
- Walk and talk! Propose a mobile meeting, also called a walk shop, if possible. We become more creative when we are in motion
Remember that you can earn Advantage points by exercising 8 hours or more monthly. Register your hours of activity in the Exercise log on Connect, and your points will automatically be transferred.
A rule of thumb is that every movement counts, just take 30 minutes into account!